Monday 26 October 2009

Brandon Boyd

Ever since the first time I listened to Incubus at the age of 12 I have been fascinated by everything and anything the band has touched. Not only is lead singer, Brandon Boyd, an incredible vocalist and song writer but he creates these little drawings that I find fascinating. Brandon and drummer Jose created all the bands artwork, ranging from CD covers to flyers, and continue to draw to this day. Their style is very graphic with solid black lines and bold colours featured in many pieces.
He has published two books compiling his illustrations, photography and poetry: 'White Fluffy Clouds' and "From the Murks of the Sultry Abyss'. When I first bought 'White Fluffy Clouds' I was so struck by certain pieces I got one inked into my skin, I love it! Even if you don't like his art, listen to Incubus.

No comments:

Post a Comment