Sunday 4 April 2010

Lucy Vigrass

Lucy is a freelance illustrator working in London and a member of Peepshow Collective. She works predominantly with illustration, and is all about colour and designs which are straight to the point. The piece to the left is the only example of her work I could find with type used, yet the main type is actually crafted through her meccano illustrations. Therefore still fitting her personal approach.
I really like her use of colour and textures. She seems to have a way of addressing the problem with the simplest design possible. I'm not quite sure what the illustration below was drawn for but if I had to hazard a guess I would probably suggest that it is about drinking in different social circumstances. This is communicated by her using different shaped glasses and the colours used for the background scenarios.

No comments:

Post a Comment