Thursday 13 May 2010

Andreas Preis

I found this illustrator and thought it was weird how close his style is to what I hope to do with my illustrations for my 'Speaking from Experience' brief. The way he uses solid black lines and then splashes colour into the background is exactly what I want to do. Of course there are some differences as well, for example he has used softer lines to create a shaded effect, this is something I have tried in the past and just cannot do therefore I will stick to just the outlines. Also Andreas uses quite straight lines in some pieces to create a jagged effect, very similar to Tank Girl creator Jamie Hewlitt, whereas I will be using solely smooth flowing lines to make it as pleasing to the eye as possible.

Still the similarities are clearly evident, so much so the effect he has used behind the female illustration at the top is the 'burst' effect I was going for. Also the colours are pretty much dead on as to what I had in mind, minus the pink at the bottom.

Below are a few more examples of Andreas' work.




No comments:

Post a Comment