Wednesday 26 May 2010

Cardboard Faces

I found these on the behance network and loved them straight away. I think they work so well because of the continuation of the medium. With them all being crafted out of cardboard the designs just flow into one another, even though the illustrations themselves are completely different from one to the next. At first I thought they were all just fictional, designer created characters, but the more I looked the more I realised they are recognisable as existing creations. For example in the pictures below I can identify: miss piggy, tutankhamun, a playmobil head and what looks like Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th franchise. I think it's a really novel idea that broadcasts the artists talent in the best light, without any need for type.






No comments:

Post a Comment