Tuesday 28 September 2010

The Visual Dictionary of Pre-Press & Production

After sitting through an enjoyable lecture on four different types of printing, I found myself immersed in the subject, but was somewhat confused by the amount of new phrases and wording that was being thrown at me. I decided to do something about this so I went to the library and took out a book that I though seemed most appropriate to helping me understand the subject better. I stumbled across 'The Visual Dictionary of Pre-Press & Production' by AVA Academia publishing, and after reading some of their previous publications, I decided to give it a look. Their previous attempts are concise and help explain often complicated processes in the most simplistic way. The book is arranged in alphabetical order, but every entry also has a colour coded band placed below the main tile, deciphering which of the following categories it falls into: design term, screen term, finishing term and of course print term. Below are a couple examples of page scans in relation to print terminology.

No comments:

Post a Comment