Friday 15 October 2010

Siggi Eggertsson

I found this artist called Siggi Eggertsson and saw instant links between his design and what I intend to do with 'Wrap it Up'. The use of simple vector images and colour to create incredible imagery that draws you in. Obviously the artist has used many colours, something I am not allowed to do, however it has given me an idea to use tints also, adding to the complexity. I really like the symmetry aspect also and think that if I can produce something just close to this I would be happy. Below is my favourite image of Siggi's, created to accompany one of his favourite childhood stories: Peter and the Wolf. Below that is another example of his work, this the front cover of a calendar.


Below is another piece of his work that inspired me even more. If I could perhaps create an animal out of the packaging given to me I would be incredibly happy. Time to get cracking. If you would like to see more of Eggertsson's work click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment