Wednesday 11 May 2011

SNL Board Game

I had previously mentioned this product when asked to find examples of work that best best represented out interests in Graphic Design. I chose it then because of the light hearted, pop culture subject matter, but now I am using it as reference because of the actual graphics.





The Intentions: “Our goal was to capture the raw immediacy of SNL’s writing process and live performances, which we achieved through hand-drawn illustrations of legendary characters and catchphrases. The package also communicates the fun of playing the game itself, which combines trivia, improv, and quick-fire team play."

The reasons I like it are because of the heavy use of hand drawn text. Even though I will be using computerised text it shows that the composition can be quite frantic and overhwhelming, but can still communicate fun. I also like the use of bright colours, perhaps I will incorporate this.

No comments:

Post a Comment