Friday 23 April 2010

Speaking from Experience

For the 'Speaking from Experience' brief I want to create an informative book/booklet and therefore thought I should look into a few different approaches to that type of design. The first thing I remembered was reading a book a few years ago and being struck by the boldness of the layout, and the interesting use of a minimal colour scheme. It took me a while to remember what that book was but when I did I took it out of the library and scanned in some of my favourite page layouts. The book was Paul Arden's 'Whatever you think, think the opposite' and below are the scans.





I wanted to discover more interesting examples so whilst searching the internet I stumbled across the website www.onlab.ch and was taken in by the bredth of book and magazine layouts featured. However below is the one that really caught my eye. It is the design for a German magazine that also features a double sided poster with a large scale image on one side and purely type on the other. Not only was it that that I liked but the clear wallet that comes with it is a very unique idea. Instead of placing the name of the magazine actually on it, it is placed on the wallet, therefore not impeding on the layout of the magazine and helping stand alone as a piece of art itself. I really like the idea and may use it as inspiration for my own work.


No comments:

Post a Comment