Friday 21 May 2010

Creative Calender

The Brief:
'The idea was to create as unique a calendar so that the process of its presenting would become an outstanding event. Alongside with this, it was important to expose the idea of "energy", as it is predetermined by the name and logo of the company. Each page is a month and it looks like a comb made of matches that correspond to the days. The matches are real and the construction of the calendar is absolutely safe.'

I really like this design because it demonstrates exactly how creative you can be with such a simple idea. I know if I were given a brief to create a calender I would most probably try to make it as visually engaging as possible with my designs. It would not occur to me straight away to come up with a unique twist on the traditional design such as the one above. However, what with carrying out plenty of design context this year, I feel my concept building skills have increased and therefore the next two years I can come up with really creative ideas like the 'matchstick calender'.

No comments:

Post a Comment