Wednesday 29 September 2010

Mexican Posters

I found these posters on a design website and was instantly attracted to them. I have no idea about their origin; why or when they were created, but if I had to hazard a guess I would say they are original designs from at least a few decades ago. This however could be completely wrong, and in fact they could be very new designs, just with a retro feel. I am instantly reminded of the designs from the sixties with the use of block colours and the type used reminds me of one of my favourite artists; Saul Bass. I like the use of just two colours in each poster, and even more the colours themselves. I like how none are too vibrant, and each one has a dull quality to it. In regards to printing processes I would assume that they are either digital or screen printed. In my heart I would love to think that they are screen printed, so as to add an aspect of craftsmanship, and each print was unique compared to the last.



No comments:

Post a Comment