Thursday 30 September 2010

Grupo Richaud

I was interested in the different items that originate from Mexico but are found in very different categories. The first category that I came up with was food packaging and I was reminded of this crisp packet that I picked up at the market in Merida, Mexico. I actually have no idea why I kept this piece of packaging but boy am I glad I did. It may be pretty generic in most parts but the little motif of a Mexican character in a sombrero found in the middle is memorable, and therefore stands out. When using a linen tester to look at the detail of this piece of print it becomes pretty obvious that it has been created using flexography. I think its important that I find a piece of print made from each method that is directly related to Mexican culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment