Friday 8 October 2010

Casera

Outline: “Casera is a line of small batch tequila handcrafted by women in a small town in Mexico. Traditional Mexican clothes and patterns were incorporated into the design to engage the tequila-buying women.”

Now this is packaging that I could get used to! I love the three pastel's used as the predominant colours and the delicate patterns almost laced around the label. I think the fact that these beautifully designed bottles hold tequila in them is a little misleading, after all it is one of the strongest spirits on the market. However in the statement the designers are intending to attract 'tequila buying women', I'm just not sure there are that many of those out there. I'm not a drinker myself and have only tried tequila once, never again, but this would definitely catch my eye. In terms of printing processes I imagine that the labels where digitally printed onto sticker sheets and then simply applied to the pre bought bottles. In terms of the screw lids they may have been created using flexography or litho. It's hard to tell when the image is so small.

No comments:

Post a Comment