Friday 8 October 2010

Chipotle


Outline: “Chipotle Mexican Grill is one of the fastest growing restaurant-chains in the U.S. Its goal is to change the way the world thinks about and eats fast food by serving high-quality and sustainably-raised food quickly and affordably. We created a new packaging system defined by unique, hand-drawn messages from customers, employees and even ingredients. This lighthearted, passionate approach is a perfect vehicle to convey Chipotle’s ‘un-chain’ philosophy.”

I don't know how I feel about the above packaging. It's got a very earthy and natural feel, which I suppose is what the restaurant chain is going for. However I just think it lacks something, after all Mexican food is anything but plain and almost every food item packs a punch full of spices. I like the hand rendered looking type and think the composition is interesting. I wonder if the printing process used was screen printing, it would certainly make sense if the images where just a prototype. However if they were put into production I would assume that flexography would probably become the method of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment