Friday 8 October 2010

Hot Chocolate

Information found:
An intro to packaging class I designed and made packaging for Mexican Hot Chocolate that was both appealing to a younger generation, as well as having some influence from the Mexican heritage using the Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) for inspiration.

I don't think this is a design masterpiece but the links to my work at the moment are too obvious to ignore. I like the use of brown to indicate chocolate and I think it contrasts well with the white of the skull. The splashes of colour are also a nice touch. In terms of being appropriate to the designers intended target market; 'the younger generation', I'm not if it is that successful. For me it is quite a sophisticated design because it is minimal with as little text as possible. I think it would appeal more to middle aged people who are perhaps at the higher end of the economic ladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment