Sunday 16 January 2011

Colour Scheme

After asking a few basic questions to people to gather some first hand research for this project I was struck by one of the answers to my questions. When asked to name an object that best represents the film one person replied; 'an American flag'. I thought this was a great response and led me down a path to explore; a red, white and blue colour scheme. I think its incredibly appropriate as most people think of Forrest Gump as an all-American film and Forrest himself is quite the patriot, having fought for his country in the Vietnam war. Below are great examples of design that use the same colours and communicate the right message, the same message I am aiming for.




Obviously when I began to search for graphic design that predominantly features the three colours red, white and blue, the first artist that came to mind was Shepard Fairey. An artist who is best known for his 'hope' and 'progress' promotional posters for Barack Obama's presidential campaign. The posters above are all his creations and show the visual variations that can be created with just three colours. All the posters below are other examples of non Shepard Fairey designs, but the majority are still politically orientated.










No comments:

Post a Comment