Sunday 16 January 2011

Forrest Gump Design

I've found it hard to find existing design that relates for Forrest Gump. Below are the only two examples that were apparent and available over the internet. The first is a purely typographical piece of design that interprets one of the films most famous quotes in its own unique way. To be perfectly honest I'm not exactly sure why such a bright yellow background has been chosen and why the two different typefaces have been layered on top of one another. All I do know is that the poster is striking and visually effective with a definitive design flare. Something that needs to be present in my own work. 


The next piece of design I have found is a vectorised image of Forrest sitting at the infamous bench featured throughout the film. Again there are certain aspects of the poster that baffle me, for example why Forrest's suit has been made pink I will never know. However I do like the minimalist approach and how even though the surrounding scenery has been removed and there is absolutely no type present, about 95 per cent of the population would know what film is being represented. I think I might try to create some vectorised images using illustrator to get my design ideas flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment