Friday 21 January 2011

Five USA and More4


After it coming to my attention that would have to pick an actual channel for my 'Top Ten...' programme to be broadcast on I brainstormed a few viable options. The two channels that seemed the most likely to be interested in this particular film orientated installment would be Five USA and More 4. So thats when I did a little research into what the identities of these channels look like and the vibe they where trying to communicate. Below is a video taken from youtube that acts as a filler when programming runs dry on Five USA. It not only serves as an entertaining time filler but takes the viewer on an virtual tour of New York.






The other channel that I have considered is More4. Below are more videos taken from youtube that summarise the feel of the channel and the type of programming it shows. It is obvious from the two clips that there is a clear colour scheme and animation style used, something that I can incorporate into my idents, not so much the title sequence. I think out of the two channels there is more scope with More4 as it probably the better known and more critically acclaimed channel. The videos from below are quite a few years old now so they seem a little out of date, but to gain a better understanding into the look of the channel now it is available through every freeview box.





No comments:

Post a Comment