Friday 21 January 2011

More4

I'm thinking that my compilation of top ten Forrest Gump moments would be broadcast on a Channel 4 off shoot, ideally More4. So in order to fully understand my target audience and gain an insight into what visuals are expected I researched into the channels logo and the importance of the typeface in general. I found a PDF document that details the channels style and what the layout of every ident or commercial promotion broadcast on the channel has to look like. Below is that PDF.



Below is the logo found in the top corner of the screen whenever More4 is on. Its simple but effective, a similar approach to all other Channel 4 offshoots such as E4 and Film 4. The green is pretty important and is synonymous with the channel, much like purple with E4 and red with Film 4. However the colour does not match with what I am designing therefore I think I might try a few experimentations with my chosen colour scheme.


Below are a few personal interpretations of the More4 logo using my red, white and blue colour scheme.  I also combined a few textures with the logos to add more depth and a vintage feel, again closely linked to the 60's and 70's vibe of Forrest Gump.


No comments:

Post a Comment