Saturday 30 April 2011

Arrested Development

Okay, these kind of have nothing to do with the exact subject area that I am researching. However they do relate as they are pieces of graphic design, made purely for pleasure and celebration of the chosen topic, and they are illustrative. So Arrested Development is one of my favourite programmes of all time, and is infamously renowned for having a cult following, mostly due to the fact that it was cancelled before its time, but also because of the outlandish characters and never ending onslaught of comedy. I found these on a great blog called The Flannel Animal, which according to the tumblr site is run by an illustrator from the South who: 'Each week makes a printable paper doll based on a favorite tv or film character and shares it here. New dolls are posted every Thursday night at 8/7c.' This is a genius idea, and I loved this collection so much I immediately printed them off and assembled my own creations. If you wish to do the same or simply explore the range on offer click here.










EDIT UPDATE: According to the website the designer is planning to commence a month long attempt at creating cut out dolls for Parks and Recreation this next week! This is great as it gives me the opportunity to really relate to another designer out in the real world dealing with the exact same subject matter as me. I will obviously post these on my blog as soon as they become available.

No comments:

Post a Comment