Saturday 30 April 2011

NBC: Thursday Nights

I took the screen cap below from the official NBC website to prove that Thursday nights are well and truly comedy nights. The line up consists of five sitcoms: Community, The Office, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock and Outsourced. Now to my knowledge 'Outsourced' has not performed well and is in fact on the verge of cancellation after only one season. It is also the only one in the line up that I am not a fan of and therefore it does not feel right to me to lump it in with the rest of the sitcoms, it does not deserve to be surrounded by such genius creations. However the other four are subject areas that I can get on board with and definitely would love to design for. Perhaps I could create some sort of product that promotes thursday nights on NBC? It's definitely a starting point.


When looking for pre-existing promotional material for thursday nights on NBC I found a lot of video material on youtube. Below are a few of the best montages I could find that best represent the comedy filled night.










I also found this pretty cool clip, dated 1988, which proves the historical importance of the Thursday night line up. Shows broadcast on this particular night included: The Cosby Show, A Different World, Cheers and Dear John; three of which I have heard of and well regarded as classics by the rest of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment