Sunday 1 May 2011

Sandwich Ideas

Example 01
I found the images below and thought it was a great way to package a sandwich without having to work round a complicated net, and this approach would also allow me to explore the screenprinting route that I have always so eagerly wanted to explore. The basic idea is there are two components to the package, a large piece of square flat stock, in this case brown greaseproof paper, that is folded around the sandwich and then a rectangular design that holds the paper into position and stops it from opening. Again this is flat, meaning it is easier to work on. With this approach it gives me an incredibly large surface area to work with. I was thinking I could screen print a selection of notable quotes related to the characters on the large piece of 'wrapping' in a range of quirky and interesting fonts. This is just an early idea but definitely something worth exploring. In terms of the designs shown below they aren't fantastic, it was more the idea that interested me, although I do like the pastel colour choices.



Example 02
The images below show a similar approach to the idea above, only with slightly more considered designs and an almost higher interactive quality. With this idea I would need double sided prints so that the designs I print onto the 'wrapping' are visible on the outside and when you open the sandwich. The label would need to be printed onto sticker stock so that it holds the package together. Could I do this with screenprinting methods? What I like about this particular example is actually the way the sandwich is presented as a whole with a simple cut diagonally down the middle, its a classic presentation method and something I would like to do.




Example 03
This particular example does not resemble the designs above in any way, instead it is the more traditional approach. I picked it because it shows how you can create variation with very simple methods such as adjusting a few colours and obviously the text. It's also pretty handy as a net that I could possibly use and alter slightly to fit my subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment