Thursday 27 May 2010

Astra Sodarsono

'Here you see some example of a graduate design class that focusses on creating all of the design systems for an imagined film festival. Each student picks a director and then spends the entire semester creating everything from posters to dvd packaging to tickets and books and maps and packaging and so on. Astra Sodarsono picked Sergio Leone and went an interesting way with it. I think he was able to capture the design of the time and update it with some quirky character.'




I think this artists approach to this brief is incredible. However I can understand because if you ever receive a brief and you already love the subject area, it's easy to sink your teeth into it. For example I love film and if I were given the opportunity to do something like this, I like to think I would give it my all and be incredibly proud of the end results. There is something above the design style that has been used that I really like, the combination of type and image works really well and I especially like how he has continued his approach into so many different products. The poster at the top of the page is very reminiscent of Saul Bass and therefore I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment